Tuesday 22 May 2012

Tweets instead of daily blog!

I'm sorry to say that I'm going to be leaving the electronics necessary to send the blog here at Camp Two.

I've removed any excess items from my pack and it just seems crazy to add another 750 grams back to it. That just shows you how fine I think the line between success and failure could be.

I am still talking my satellite phone so I intend to do a lot more 'tweeting' so you'll still be able to follow my progress. To be fair I'm not sure how much energy I'd have to write anything meaningful. Unfortunately it's very much a one way affair. I can tweet but I can't see any messages that have been sent.

You'll also hopefully be able to follow my progress on the interactive map page on the web site. I still plan on taking the Spot2 gps messenger with me. Unfortunately I forgot to switch it on this morning, so it's not fool proof.

I also know its only approved for use up to 4500m and whilst it's worked at higher altitudes here already I can't guarantee that it will continue to do so. Basically if its not working don't panic!

4 comments:

  1. Very best of luck Ian.

    Stay safe.

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Ian - thinking of you and keeping fingers and toes crossed! Will keep a new bottle of port ready to be cracked open in November!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Ian,

    All the very best,

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm bloody surprised you brought ANYTHING AT ALL except a small notepad and a pen. Hauling all that stuff up to your heights . . . let's just say that these days on my trips to Japan I take only what I ABSOLUTELY NEED.

    That being said, it's nice to be able to read your posts.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete