Friday 30 March 2012

First signs of sickness

This morning dawned cloudier than the previous ones with slightly more wind. Nevertheless we set off in short sleeves for the climb up to 3700m before the trail descends back down to river level and the 550m up to Tengboche. This part of the trail took around four hours at a very modest pace. 
Tengboche Monastery
Following a few photos outside the monastery we were unfortunately too early to look inside. Instead another coffee and cake stop beckoned.

A couple of the team have had upset stomachs and a mild fever. I felt fine until just after lunch when I felt very cold. It's taken two and a half hours to get warm and now five hours later I too have a fever. I'm fairly circumspect about this as thankfully my stomach is fine and I would rather get ill early on in the trip. Never mind I'll dose my self up with paracetamol and hopefully have a good nights sleep.

We've heard news that's at least third hand that the weather is poor up at BC and very cold. Sadly a Sherpa on another expedition has broken his arm moving a rock.

Indeed this afternoon we had our first snow flurry.

1 comment:

  1. Ian, safe travels and have fun.
    I'll be keeping track of your adventure with interest.
    Sandro from Australia

    ReplyDelete