Monday 26 March 2012

Farewell

I'm writing this at 23.36 UK time onboard the flight. The flight attendants have just turned up the temperature to zombie mode to give themselves a quiet night as most people are now asleep. I think it's nervous anticipation that's keeping me awake.

Well it's been a roller coaster of a week trying to finish jobs off and also packing but here I am enroute to Kathmandu. 

Highlight of the day was having a lovely send off at Paddington station from my family. Caroline came up with me, Victoria came from up Bristol and Henrietta made it all the way from her hall of residence near King's Cross.

Needless to say the goodbyes were rather tearful but now it's all about looking forward with a positive attitude.
Nice picture of the Heathrow Express!
Managed to sweet talk the check in- lady to half my excess baggage cost -amazingly she hadn't heard the 'I'm off to climb Everest you know' line before.

Please can I take this opportunity to thank everybody for their good wishes and support. I'm sorry that I can't thank you all personally.

A number of people have asked how I feel and I have to say 'nervous'. Only because having been here once before I know the enormity of what lies ahead. Never mind I shall take each day as it comes.

Check out the interactive map page as I'll start using the Spot2 messenger tomorrow.

Bye from 32000 ft - begs the question why climb Everest when I'm already higher than it!

No comments:

Post a Comment